Call Me 37 Today

Well, the day has finally arrived and I can no longer say that I am 36.  Well, I was born at around 9:50pm, so I could wait to say I’m 37 until tonight, but that’s being a little ridiculous (although if you agree with the whole date and time thing,  you’ll make me exceedingly happy right up until 9:49pm).

Seriously, 36 was a wonderful year.  I feel that I’ve come into my own in my career and as a book blogger.  I have read 70 books since my last birthday and have reviewed 64. It would be hard for me to pick out a favorite from during that time, but the books that have stood out in my 37th year are The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff, Gardens of Water by Alan Drew, The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner, The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George, The Witch’s Trinity by Erika Mailman, Trauma by Patrick McGrath, Songs for the Missing by Stewart O’Nan, Aberrations by Penelope Przekop, The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson, and Sweetsmoke by David Fuller.

The best blogging experience I had personally revolved around Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield.  I bought this book for my husband, but read it first.  Little did either of us know that this would have a personal connection for my husband.  He was friends with Rob’s wife Renee.  We had a great time going through his pictures from that era and we posted one of Renee.  It always irritates me when there is no pictures in memoirs because I want to know what the people look like.  In this case, Danny was able to supply that for me.  It was also really neat to listen to the tape of his band singing The Beverly Hillbillies theme song to the tune of R.E.M.’s Talk about the Passion.  That whole experience was wonderful.

Best of all, I’ve met some of the most wonderful people last year.  From authors, to publicists, to my fellow book bloggers, to my readers.  I won’t name any because I don’t want to leave anyone out.  My life is richer because of you all.

I hope that everyone has a beautiful, beautiful day!

• At 2008.10.08 11:00, Lezlie said:

Happy Birthday!
    Lezlie

• At 2008.10.08 11:00, Serena (Savvy Verse & Wit) said:

happy birthday!

Read more from Serena (Savvy Verse & Wit)

Response Poetry

Response poetry is often one of the easiest kinds of poetry to write for poets who are starting out because it often relies on the text of another poet.
      Writers just starting out in poetry will often [...]

• At 2008.10.08 11:12, Kathy said:

Happy Birthday! I hope 37 is as good as 36 was.

• At 2008.10.08 11:18, Meghan said:

Happy birthday! Wishing you another great year. =)

• At 2008.10.08 11:39, Alyce said:

Happy birthday!

• At 2008.10.08 11:45, Jena said:

Have a great birthday (and many happy returns)!

Do you find that your odd years (37, 35, 33) are better than the even ones? My mom and I both think that our odd years tend to be better than the even (though 29 was an exception for me)–and my dad thinks we’re nuts.

• At 2008.10.08 12:03, Heather.PNR said:

Happy birthday!

• At 2008.10.08 12:15, Marcia said:

Happy birthday!!!! :-)

Read more from Marcia

September 11, 2009 ~ 8 years today

A

• At 2008.10.08 12:48, Katherine said:

Happy birthday!!

• At 2008.10.08 12:54, Yasmin said:

Happy b-day and many more!
                      xoxo

Read more from Yasmin

An Unexpected Blessing Virtual Book Tour Featuring Author Unoma Nwankwor

Welcome to APOOO, Unoma!
                      In 140 words or less, tell us a little about yourself.
                      My name is Unoma Nwankwor; I was born in Akron, Ohio to Nigerian parents. I spent my childhood and early adulthood yea[...]

• At 2008.10.08 13:39, Darlene said:

Happy Birthday Jennifer! I hope you have a fabulous day!
                        (ps-I believe in the whole time thing. I take advantage of it now and don’t turn a year older until 4:33pm in the afternoon of that day-lol)

• At 2008.10.08 14:55, Rebecca said:

Happy Birthday!

• At 2008.10.08 15:54, Karen H. said:

Happy Birthday, my friend! I hope it’s wonderful.

Thanks for dropping by to Scobberlotch today. I love those Vonnegut rules, too. Up next are the Elmore Leonard rules.:)

Read more from Karen H.

Cover Reveal: Spanish edition of SURE SIGNS OF CRAZY

Add captionI ADORE this cover design and title! So gorgeous. Also, DEAR ATTICUS was one of my original title ideas for the book a couple of years ago so it’s pleasing to know someone in another countr[...]

• At 2008.10.08 16:45, Ladytink_534 (Jen) said:

Well, Happy Birthday!

• At 2008.10.08 16:58, softdrink said:

Happy birthday to you
                                Happy birthday to you
                                Happy birthday Literate Housewife
                                Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• At 2008.10.08 17:09, Penelope Przekop said:

Happy Birthday!

• At 2008.10.08 17:49, bethany canfield said:

happy b-day girl!!! :) wonderful wishes coming your way.

Read more from bethany canfield

Armchair BEA: Who am I?

Who  am I? Well, that is complicated. I’ll give you some facts about myself, that may work a little better.
                                    *I love animals, of most types- rodents and reptiles are a non-faves though.
                                    *Reading is [...]

• At 2008.10.08 17:49, bethany canfield said:

ps, LOVE the U2!

Read more from bethany canfield

Armchair BEA: Who am I?

*I love animals, of most types- rodents and reptiles are a non-faves though.
                                      *Reading is [...]

• At 2008.10.08 18:04, fyreflybooks said:

Happy Birthday! May you have ample time to read fascinating books, may your errands all be taken care of by others, and may your favorite type of cupcakes be on the menu for desert! :)

Read more from fyreflybooks

Mike Carey & Peter Gross – The Unwritten, Vols. 6, 7, and 8

A

• At 2008.10.08 20:00, Literary Feline said:

Happy birthday! I am so glad you decided to celebrate a little with us. :-) Here’s to another wonderful year of blogging and life!

• At 2008.10.08 20:12, wordlily said:

Happy birthday!!! Hope it’s grand.

Read more from wordlily

FO Friday: February spinning

A

• At 2008.10.08 21:02, Kristina said:

Happy Birthday!!!

• At 2008.10.08 21:20, Trista said:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY, MY BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!!

I left you a message tonight – I will try you again tomorrow. Incidentally, in my mind you will always be 23. ;)

• At 2008.10.08 21:28, Shana @ Literarily said:

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

Love the pic. It looks familiar :)

I really like the bookish recap of your 36th year. I hope your 37th year is even better in every respect!

• At 2008.10.08 23:48, Matthew said:

Happy birthday to you
                                                    Happy birthday to you
                                                    Happy birthday Literate Housewife
                                                    Happy birthday to you!

Okay, make a wish! :)

Read more from Matthew

Spring Library Book Sale

A

• At 2008.10.09 00:05, donstuff said:

Happy Birthday. I waited until 10pm my time so that you would actually be 37 (at least on this coast). I have a birthday song for you:

Here’s your birthday song and it’s not too long.

Read more from donstuff

Shemomedjamo to Kummerspeck

A

• At 2008.10.09 06:14, bkclubcare said:

one more heartfelt HAPPIEST of BIRTHDAYS!

Read more from bkclubcare

The Wonder of Ordinary Magic

A

• At 2008.10.09 07:51, LisaLynne said:

Happy Birthday!

• At 2008.10.09 08:35, Denise Turner said:

Happy Birthday! Here’s to a terrific 37th year ahead of you!!! I’m just about to leave my 30′s but they were all great years. Anyway– pop open the bubbly and celebrate like crazy. :) Cheers!

• At 2008.10.09 10:19, chartroose said:

Hey, October 8th is my sister’s birthday too! No wonder I like you so much!

Happy birthday, sweetie!

Read more from chartroose

I Triple Dog Dare You!

A

• At 2008.10.09 11:20, Michele said:

Happy Birthday….you’re in good company. 37 is a good year (so far, anyway!).

• At 2008.10.09 16:47, Andi said:

A happy belated birthday to you! Here’s to another great year!

• At 2008.10.11 09:55, Literate Housewife said:

Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday wishes. Despite the fact that I was in bed asleep by 9:30, I had a wonderful day.

Read more from Literate Housewife

It’s Arrived ~ Time to Change Your Links and Feeds

A

• At 2008.10.11 11:12, Natasha @ Maw Books said:

I’m a couple of days late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Read more from Natasha @ Maw Books

Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott

I remember Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott being a good book.  Sadly, it has fallen ill to the passage of time.  I read it much too long ago and I simply can not remember anything abou[...]

• At 2008.10.12 08:33, bookworm said:

oh my gosh, how did I miss this? happy belated birthday! :)

• At 2008.10.20 23:58, Monica said:

Sorry this is so belated, but hope you had a great birthday!!!