Trish led me to Sizzle Says, a great new blog to me (thanks Trish). One of her recent posts listed 10 things she loved that begin with the letter R. It’s a really fun meme, especially if you follow everyone’s posts afterward. If you want to join in, leave a comment and you get assigned a random letter. You post your ten favorite things beginning with the letter selected for you and write your post. And so it goes. How fun can a simple letter be? It’s a great way to get you thinking about words in a different way.
Although I prayed for the letter M (I’m from Michigan), I was assigned the letter U. No problem. I’m Up for the challenge. U ought to know that I’m going to attempt to do this without the use of dictionary.com. U might want to buckle your seat belts. Here we go:
- U2 ! ~ This is a no brainer if you know me even in the least little bit. I have been in love with Bono since 1987. It is no wonder that they are on Island Records because The Joshua Tree is the one CD I would want stranded on a desert island.
- Uncle Dave ~ I have three and I love each and every one. My mother’s only brother is Dave. Two of her sisters also married Daves. I also have a cousin Dave on my dad’s side, but neither cousin nor Dave starts with a U, so he doesn’t count.
- Uvula ~ I think everyone at some point in their lives discovers their uvulas and is in confused awe of them. They make for great effects in cartoons when the character is screaming. It’s not fun when they swell, though. You constantly feel like there’s something you need to swallow buy you can’t. BTW, there are some really gross pictures of uvulas, but I decided not to include them.
- Umbrella ~ Under my Umbrella ella, ella, eh, eh, eh… It’s the catchy song that always seems to come to mind when I’m in the shower. I also love watching Emma and Ally dance around to the living room when they hear it.
- Understanding ~ Don’t we all just need a little more of this in our lives?
- Utility Workers ~ They’re the best. We wouldn’t have power without them. I was writing this post while watching the utility pole burn just down the road. I stopped writing this post after the power went out and we had to scramble to keep warm. I was even more appreciative of our local utility workers when the power came back up.
- United States ~ I love my country. Always have. Always will. Still, it does start with the letter U. This, especially paired with the V from Virginia makes for a lot of scrolling. Perhaps we can rename it to something starting with A…
- Umbilical Cord ~ We all had one and have the scars to prove it. Many dads today cut them these days. Danny didn’t because Ally was in a bit of a hurry without being inclined to move herself into a more suitable position. So, C-section city for me and they quickly whisked her away until they were sure she was fine. Oh well… Again, so pretty interesting pictures, but I love my readers too much to go down that path.
- UFO ~ Danny has always been fascinated with UFOs and aliens. As I’m fascinated with him, UFOs must make my list.One of the things that first drew my husband and I together, other than Micheal Stipe, was The X-Files. When I think of UFOs, I see them through Mulder and Scully’s eyes.
- Ukulele ~ Okay, I really think they are annoying, but I love the sound of the word itself.
Did U enjoy this little walk down U road? U can join along. Just leave a comment and I’ll assign you a random letter (Don, I have a sense that you’d get a Q). Then U can have some fun writing about 10 things U love that begin with your assigned letter. You then have the power to assign letters to your readers.