Where’s Literate Housewife? (Birthday Vaca Day 3)

Happy birthday to me! I’m 40 today! What better place to reach this milestone than a private beach with a catered lunch? I can’t think of another place I’d rather be. I’m going to drink in every minute of the time I’m in the Bahamas.

40 never looked so good…

• At 2011.10.08 11:04, Mary said:

LOL, at first I read the your were going to “drink every minute of the time…” and I thought “she’s going to have a heck of a hangover!” ;)

Read more from Mary

Sunday Post

A

• At 2011.10.08 11:07, Beth Hoffman said:

Happy Birthday, Jennifer! Have a blast and enjoy every moment!

• At 2011.10.08 11:10, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

Happy birthday to you! I hope you’re having the time of your life!

Review: The Geography of You and Me

A

• At 2011.10.08 11:19, JoAnn said:

I read “drink every minute”, too! Happy Birthday!!

• At 2011.10.08 11:42, Yvann said:

Happy birthday! The beach looks like an EXCELLENT place to spend it :-)

Read more from Yvann

Friday silly

A

• At 2011.10.08 14:40, Anita said:

Happy Birthday, I hope it’s a great day!!

• At 2011.10.08 14:55, heidenkind said:

Happy birthday!

• At 2011.10.08 16:46, rhapsodyinbooks said:

This just looks so incredibly wonderful! What a way to have a happy birthday!!!!

Read more from rhapsodyinbooks

Sunday Treat – National Poetry Month – The Graphic Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

A

• At 2011.10.08 21:44, Emily said:

Okay, so I might just be a teeny, tiny bit jealous of you :) Happy Birthday!!

• At 2011.10.09 03:17, Pam said:

I am officially no longer speaking to you. :P

Read more from Pam

May Query Bootcamp

March and April have filled up. Many asked if I’d consider doing this ongoing so I’ve decided to do it as long as it makes sense. It will all be done via email to accommodate all schedules[...]

• At 2011.10.09 10:01, Rebecca @ The Book Lady's Blog said:

Happy birthday, Jennifer! Hope you’re having a fabulous trip filled with books and drinking and drunk reading.

Read more from Rebecca @ The Book Lady’s Blog

Expand vocabulary

The more you read books, the more words you are exposed to, which is actually great for your everyday life. In any kind of profession, being well-spoken is a must. Since you can easily express yoursel[...]

• At 2011.10.10 10:50, carol said:

Happy Birthday! Hope you’re having a wonderful trip.

Read more from carol

Q is for Quick

I’m not quick. But I am quicker than I was. I didn’t run at all until 2012. I started with the Couch to 5K program and have run on and off since then. I’m getting back into a routine[...]

• At 2011.10.10 12:16, Lilian Nattel said:

Happy 40th! Just wait–it’s a great age. And btw, I can relate to you being a business analyst who loves literature. I was a chartered accountant until my writing reached a place where it could pay the mortgage. I was just past 40 then and so much more happened after that.

Read more from Lilian Nattel