I Touched a Freaking Audie!

I have been sitting at this computer for over two hours and haven’t written a word until this sentence. I think I need some time and a little more distance to put into words the experience I had in New York City this week. That said, I have to post a little something about my week. There is one picture I can share that wraps up some of the best aspects of my week: audiobooks.

On Wednesday, the day after the Audie Awards, I spent some time at the Hachette Audio booth, one of my favorite booths of all. I was having a great time talking to Megan Fitzpatrick and Mitch Kelly. I was standing to the side of their booth when I noticed them – the Hachette Audio Audie Awards. After a moment of awe, I asked to take a picture. They were very obliging and I took the picture. It was delightful, but I couldn’t help but reach out a finger and touch the Audie Award for Audiobook of the Year.

Yes, I gave in to my basest instincts and I won’t apologize! I touched a freaking Audie Award! That’s just one of the many ways in which this week was the audiobookish time of my life.

Happy June Is Audiobook Month to one and all.

• At 2012.06.08 11:43, AudioBroad aka Traci said:

HA HA. I tried to pocket one of their Audies, but Megan caught me before I got away.

• At 2012.06.08 11:45, Jennifer said:

I suspect that AudioGo didn’t have them on display because they saw me lurking about. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 17:56, Megan said:

You have your own, anyway!

• At 2012.06.08 12:19, Ti said:

You rebel, you.

Read more from Ti

Review: The House Girl

The House Girl  By Tara Conklin William Morrow & Company, Paperback, 9780062207517, November 2013, 372pp. The Short of It: A promising premise that fell flat for me pretty early on. The Rest of I[…]

• At 2012.06.08 19:34, Jennifer said:

LOL! I try my best, Ti.

• At 2012.06.08 15:20, Anita said:

How exciting!! I know it must be a lot to digest from your week. I loved all the tweets, pictures etc that you and others shared from BEA. I was a happy envious girl, if that makes any sense..ha ha.

• At 2012.06.08 19:37, Jennifer said:

Anita, I know exactly what you mean about being happy envious. I felt the same way about those in attendance at the Audies. The web makes life exciting, doesn’t it?

• At 2012.06.08 19:22, Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said:

OMG how cool.

And to think there is a Hachette Audio booth! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool.

• At 2012.06.08 19:41, Jennifer said:

It really was cool, Juju! And you’re not kidding about Hachette Audio having its own booth. I was disappointed that more audiobook sections of publishers didn’t have their own booth. Megan and Mitch are such wonderful people. I felt lucky to have met them both.

• At 2012.06.09 10:44, Sheila (Book Journey) said:

LOL – I laughed at your post title – and I was drinking coffee which made me choke a bit but that’s ok as I get the excitement and a little coffee on me this morning was worth it! 🙂 Totally SQQQUUUEEEE worthy!

Read more from Sheila (Book Journey)

There Were Books… There Were Burgers… And There Were Brews (and Potato Vodka Too!)

A few days back I shared with you the plans for a new event in our area, Books, Burgers, and Brews.  Our kick off event was this past Monday and I spent much of the day prepping the details and at th[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

I’m sorry to have caused you to make a mess, but I couldn’t help myself. Audies are so pretty and elegant. I had to leave my mark. LOL!

• At 2012.06.09 20:56, Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said:

LOL – sounds like you had a great time!

Read more from Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews

Book Review, WISDOM TREE a collection of 5 novellas by Nick Earls

A collection of 5 novellas from Australian author Nick Earls, published by Inkerman & Blunt.Gotham (The Wisdom Tree, Book 1) Synopsis : Bloomingdales, Na$ti Boy, his mother’s purse, the dru[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

So much fun! If you ever get a chance to meet Megan and Mitch, do it. They are wonderful.

• At 2012.06.11 14:07, Meg said:

Love it! I would have totally asked to take a picture, too. And touched it — I mean, what the heck . . . we only live once!

Read more from Meg

The care-about-hair gene

Growing up, Saturdays at the beauty salon were a way of life. My mom has always been faithful about her monthly haircuts. I spent many a morning sitting with my sister in the reception area of Diane&#[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

Thank you so much for validating my choices. 🙂

• At 2012.06.12 00:13, jenn aka the picky girl said:

Yea! I didn’t realize you had seen these. That is so so cool!

Read more from jenn aka the picky girl

Dear Charlotte:

I’m a writer, of sorts, yet in all of my years writing about books and reading, I’ve written only briefly (here and here) about my love for Jane Eyre.
                    How does one talk about a book that h[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

It was kind of like having an audience with the Holy Grail or something. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 14:20, Megan said:

Ha! We LOVED having all our visitors to the booth at BEA.
                      Next year, anyone who wants to is welcome to touch/hold/pose for pics with any Audies we may win.
                      Wish us luck!

• At 2012.06.12 21:58, Jennifer said:

You seriously aren’t suggesting that your Audies have been around, are you? I thought I was the only one. I’m shocked! I’m appalled! My fingerprints are at least sacred, right? 😉

So good to meet you in person. I’m hoping to have whole scrapbooks of Hachette Audie pics someday.

• At 2012.06.13 10:04, Megan said:

Of course – we’re having your fingerprint bronzed for posterity!

• At 2012.06.24 13:12, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

This post makes me smile.

Review: Behind Closed Doors

Grace and Jack appear to have the perfect marriage.  They’re beautiful, live in a gorgeous home, and seem to adore each other.  Jack is a successful lawyer who represents battered women and G[…]