I Touched a Freaking Audie!

I have been sitting at this computer for over two hours and haven’t written a word until this sentence. I think I need some time and a little more distance to put into words the experience I had in New York City this week. That said, I have to post a little something about my week. There is one picture I can share that wraps up some of the best aspects of my week: audiobooks.

On Wednesday, the day after the Audie Awards, I spent some time at the Hachette Audio booth, one of my favorite booths of all. I was having a great time talking to Megan Fitzpatrick and Mitch Kelly. I was standing to the side of their booth when I noticed them – the Hachette Audio Audie Awards. After a moment of awe, I asked to take a picture. They were very obliging and I took the picture. It was delightful, but I couldn’t help but reach out a finger and touch the Audie Award for Audiobook of the Year.

Yes, I gave in to my basest instincts and I won’t apologize! I touched a freaking Audie Award! That’s just one of the many ways in which this week was the audiobookish time of my life.

Happy June Is Audiobook Month to one and all.

• At 2012.06.08 11:43, AudioBroad aka Traci said:

HA HA. I tried to pocket one of their Audies, but Megan caught me before I got away.

• At 2012.06.08 11:45, Jennifer said:

I suspect that AudioGo didn’t have them on display because they saw me lurking about. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 17:56, Megan said:

You have your own, anyway!

• At 2012.06.08 12:19, Ti said:

You rebel, you.

Read more from Ti

Sunday Matters: What’s On Your Mind?

My mind is overflowing with tiny blips of info so to clear my head, I will just share them here so I can move on with my Sunday. The Sound of Music is behind us and I have no photos to share because […]

• At 2012.06.08 19:34, Jennifer said:

LOL! I try my best, Ti.

• At 2012.06.08 15:20, Anita said:

How exciting!! I know it must be a lot to digest from your week. I loved all the tweets, pictures etc that you and others shared from BEA. I was a happy envious girl, if that makes any sense..ha ha.

• At 2012.06.08 19:37, Jennifer said:

Anita, I know exactly what you mean about being happy envious. I felt the same way about those in attendance at the Audies. The web makes life exciting, doesn’t it?

• At 2012.06.08 19:22, Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said:

OMG how cool.

And to think there is a Hachette Audio booth! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool.

• At 2012.06.08 19:41, Jennifer said:

It really was cool, Juju! And you’re not kidding about Hachette Audio having its own booth. I was disappointed that more audiobook sections of publishers didn’t have their own booth. Megan and Mitch are such wonderful people. I felt lucky to have met them both.

• At 2012.06.09 10:44, Sheila (Book Journey) said:

LOL – I laughed at your post title – and I was drinking coffee which made me choke a bit but that’s ok as I get the excitement and a little coffee on me this morning was worth it! :) Totally SQQQUUUEEEE worthy!

Read more from Sheila (Book Journey)

Morning Meanderings… Book Friends Make Me Smile

Busy whirlwind weekend… lots of business and while it was good things, I am glad to be in the week and keeping it a little less busy.  I didn’t pick up a book all weekend.  A little audi[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

I’m sorry to have caused you to make a mess, but I couldn’t help myself. Audies are so pretty and elegant. I had to leave my mark. LOL!

• At 2012.06.09 20:56, Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said:

LOL – sounds like you had a great time!

Read more from Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews

Booklover Mailbox – Schalansky, Hoffman & Pham

continue readingThe post Booklover Mailbox – Schalansky, Hoffman & Pham appeared first on Booklover Book Reviews.

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

So much fun! If you ever get a chance to meet Megan and Mitch, do it. They are wonderful.

• At 2012.06.11 14:07, Meg said:

Love it! I would have totally asked to take a picture, too. And touched it — I mean, what the heck . . . we only live once!

Read more from Meg

Quiet baby stories

“Are you telling me a story?” I whisper, watching Oliver’s tiny mouth open into a perfect O after he utters a string of sounds, his own little “words.” Everyone said we w[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

Thank you so much for validating my choices. :)

• At 2012.06.12 00:13, jenn aka the picky girl said:

Yea! I didn’t realize you had seen these. That is so so cool!

Read more from jenn aka the picky girl

Reading: Pacific War Nonfiction

Growing up, I do remember watching cartoons, but more vividly, I remember watching American Movie Classics (back when they showed true classics and not this “modern classics” business). Wo[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

It was kind of like having an audience with the Holy Grail or something. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 14:20, Megan said:

Ha! We LOVED having all our visitors to the booth at BEA.
                      Next year, anyone who wants to is welcome to touch/hold/pose for pics with any Audies we may win.
                      Wish us luck!

• At 2012.06.12 21:58, Jennifer said:

You seriously aren’t suggesting that your Audies have been around, are you? I thought I was the only one. I’m shocked! I’m appalled! My fingerprints are at least sacred, right? 😉

So good to meet you in person. I’m hoping to have whole scrapbooks of Hachette Audie pics someday.

• At 2012.06.13 10:04, Megan said:

Of course – we’re having your fingerprint bronzed for posterity!

• At 2012.06.24 13:12, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

This post makes me smile.

Review and Giveaway: The Cake Therapist

Neely is a talented pastry chef who can taste feelings.  She decides to return to the small town she grew up in to open a bakery and to run away from a broken marriage.  As her business catches on, […]