I Touched a Freaking Audie!

I have been sitting at this computer for over two hours and haven’t written a word until this sentence. I think I need some time and a little more distance to put into words the experience I had in New York City this week. That said, I have to post a little something about my week. There is one picture I can share that wraps up some of the best aspects of my week: audiobooks.

On Wednesday, the day after the Audie Awards, I spent some time at the Hachette Audio booth, one of my favorite booths of all. I was having a great time talking to Megan Fitzpatrick and Mitch Kelly. I was standing to the side of their booth when I noticed them – the Hachette Audio Audie Awards. After a moment of awe, I asked to take a picture. They were very obliging and I took the picture. It was delightful, but I couldn’t help but reach out a finger and touch the Audie Award for Audiobook of the Year.

Yes, I gave in to my basest instincts and I won’t apologize! I touched a freaking Audie Award! That’s just one of the many ways in which this week was the audiobookish time of my life.

Happy June Is Audiobook Month to one and all.

• At 2012.06.08 11:43, AudioBroad aka Traci said:

HA HA. I tried to pocket one of their Audies, but Megan caught me before I got away.

• At 2012.06.08 11:45, Jennifer said:

I suspect that AudioGo didn’t have them on display because they saw me lurking about. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 17:56, Megan said:

You have your own, anyway!

• At 2012.06.08 12:19, Ti said:

You rebel, you.

Read more from Ti

Sunday Matters: Thanksgiving Prep

Since Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I am normally pretty prepared for it by this time of the month but 2015 has been challenging for me in many ways and this month I am not ready. Yet. I have t[…]

• At 2012.06.08 19:34, Jennifer said:

LOL! I try my best, Ti.

• At 2012.06.08 15:20, Anita said:

How exciting!! I know it must be a lot to digest from your week. I loved all the tweets, pictures etc that you and others shared from BEA. I was a happy envious girl, if that makes any sense..ha ha.

• At 2012.06.08 19:37, Jennifer said:

Anita, I know exactly what you mean about being happy envious. I felt the same way about those in attendance at the Audies. The web makes life exciting, doesn’t it?

• At 2012.06.08 19:22, Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said:

OMG how cool.

And to think there is a Hachette Audio booth! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool.

• At 2012.06.08 19:41, Jennifer said:

It really was cool, Juju! And you’re not kidding about Hachette Audio having its own booth. I was disappointed that more audiobook sections of publishers didn’t have their own booth. Megan and Mitch are such wonderful people. I felt lucky to have met them both.

• At 2012.06.09 10:44, Sheila (Book Journey) said:

LOL – I laughed at your post title – and I was drinking coffee which made me choke a bit but that’s ok as I get the excitement and a little coffee on me this morning was worth it! :) Totally SQQQUUUEEEE worthy!

Read more from Sheila (Book Journey)

Morning Meanderings…and then there were four

A week ago I posted about a book club sort of thing that my aunt and I have connected over.   Basically it started as visiting and coffee but our conversation led to books and I have been feeding her[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

I’m sorry to have caused you to make a mess, but I couldn’t help myself. Audies are so pretty and elegant. I had to leave my mark. LOL!

• At 2012.06.09 20:56, Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said:

LOL – sounds like you had a great time!

Read more from Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews

Christmas Posting Dates 2015 & Book Gift Guides

Whether you plan to buy a title for a loved one this Christmas (books make the best presents!) or are just wanting to stock up on titles on your own wish list before the holiday season,
                you need to be[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

So much fun! If you ever get a chance to meet Megan and Mitch, do it. They are wonderful.

• At 2012.06.11 14:07, Meg said:

Love it! I would have totally asked to take a picture, too. And touched it — I mean, what the heck . . . we only live once!

Read more from Meg

No emojis necessary

I ran into an old friend recently. It was one of those funny situations where you see someone out of context: a teacher at the grocery store; your boss in a Target clearance aisle. I hadn’t seen M.,[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

Thank you so much for validating my choices. :)

• At 2012.06.12 00:13, jenn aka the picky girl said:

Yea! I didn’t realize you had seen these. That is so so cool!

Read more from jenn aka the picky girl

Reading: Girl Waits With Gun by Amy Stewart

*I requested this book for review via NetGalley from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
                    A collision between the Kopp sisters’ wagon and a dangerous silk factory owner’s automo[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

It was kind of like having an audience with the Holy Grail or something. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 14:20, Megan said:

Ha! We LOVED having all our visitors to the booth at BEA.
                      Next year, anyone who wants to is welcome to touch/hold/pose for pics with any Audies we may win.
                      Wish us luck!

• At 2012.06.12 21:58, Jennifer said:

You seriously aren’t suggesting that your Audies have been around, are you? I thought I was the only one. I’m shocked! I’m appalled! My fingerprints are at least sacred, right? 😉

So good to meet you in person. I’m hoping to have whole scrapbooks of Hachette Audie pics someday.

• At 2012.06.13 10:04, Megan said:

Of course – we’re having your fingerprint bronzed for posterity!

• At 2012.06.24 13:12, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

This post makes me smile.

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends.  I hope everyone has much to be thankful for and has the chance to spend the day with someone they love.