I Touched a Freaking Audie!

I have been sitting at this computer for over two hours and haven’t written a word until this sentence. I think I need some time and a little more distance to put into words the experience I had in New York City this week. That said, I have to post a little something about my week. There is one picture I can share that wraps up some of the best aspects of my week: audiobooks.

On Wednesday, the day after the Audie Awards, I spent some time at the Hachette Audio booth, one of my favorite booths of all. I was having a great time talking to Megan Fitzpatrick and Mitch Kelly. I was standing to the side of their booth when I noticed them – the Hachette Audio Audie Awards. After a moment of awe, I asked to take a picture. They were very obliging and I took the picture. It was delightful, but I couldn’t help but reach out a finger and touch the Audie Award for Audiobook of the Year.

Yes, I gave in to my basest instincts and I won’t apologize! I touched a freaking Audie Award! That’s just one of the many ways in which this week was the audiobookish time of my life.

Happy June Is Audiobook Month to one and all.

• At 2012.06.08 11:43, AudioBroad aka Traci said:

HA HA. I tried to pocket one of their Audies, but Megan caught me before I got away.

• At 2012.06.08 11:45, Jennifer said:

I suspect that AudioGo didn’t have them on display because they saw me lurking about. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 17:56, Megan said:

You have your own, anyway!

• At 2012.06.08 12:19, Ti said:

You rebel, you.

Read more from Ti

Sunday Matters: It’s a Formal Kind of Weekend

The Teen’s winter formal was this past Saturday. There was no last minute dash for clothing or anything this time around. He got a suit for Christmas and he wore that. They chose to make the cor[…]

• At 2012.06.08 19:34, Jennifer said:

LOL! I try my best, Ti.

• At 2012.06.08 15:20, Anita said:

How exciting!! I know it must be a lot to digest from your week. I loved all the tweets, pictures etc that you and others shared from BEA. I was a happy envious girl, if that makes any sense..ha ha.

• At 2012.06.08 19:37, Jennifer said:

Anita, I know exactly what you mean about being happy envious. I felt the same way about those in attendance at the Audies. The web makes life exciting, doesn’t it?

• At 2012.06.08 19:22, Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said:

OMG how cool.

And to think there is a Hachette Audio booth! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool.

• At 2012.06.08 19:41, Jennifer said:

It really was cool, Juju! And you’re not kidding about Hachette Audio having its own booth. I was disappointed that more audiobook sections of publishers didn’t have their own booth. Megan and Mitch are such wonderful people. I felt lucky to have met them both.

• At 2012.06.09 10:44, Sheila (Book Journey) said:

LOL – I laughed at your post title – and I was drinking coffee which made me choke a bit but that’s ok as I get the excitement and a little coffee on me this morning was worth it! :) Totally SQQQUUUEEEE worthy!

Read more from Sheila (Book Journey)

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

Hello!  Welcome to It’s Monday What Are You Reading?  The meme that we use to share what we read this past week and what our plans are for the upcoming week.  It’s a great way to see what other[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

I’m sorry to have caused you to make a mess, but I couldn’t help myself. Audies are so pretty and elegant. I had to leave my mark. LOL!

• At 2012.06.09 20:56, Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said:

LOL – sounds like you had a great time!

Read more from Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews

Book releases that have caught my eye – February 2015

Here are just a few of the titles being released in February 2015, or very late January, in Australia that have caught my eye.
                If these titles are being published elsewhere at a later date, I&#8217[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:53, Jennifer said:

So much fun! If you ever get a chance to meet Megan and Mitch, do it. They are wonderful.

• At 2012.06.11 14:07, Meg said:

Love it! I would have totally asked to take a picture, too. And touched it — I mean, what the heck . . . we only live once!

Read more from Meg

Five things on Friday

1. The gender reveal is ON for tonight! Our elective ultrasound on Wednesday was a success, and our technician was able to get Baby J to move enough to “clearly” tell what s/he is. The bab[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

Thank you so much for validating my choices. :)

• At 2012.06.12 00:13, jenn aka the picky girl said:

Yea! I didn’t realize you had seen these. That is so so cool!

Read more from jenn aka the picky girl

Nail Polish Newbie

So I have a confession. I am a lifelong nail biter. I’ve always been an anxious person, even when I was little. For me, as a child that translated to biting my nails. My mom and grandmother trie[…]

• At 2012.06.12 21:54, Jennifer said:

It was kind of like having an audience with the Holy Grail or something. LOL!

• At 2012.06.12 14:20, Megan said:

Ha! We LOVED having all our visitors to the booth at BEA.
                      Next year, anyone who wants to is welcome to touch/hold/pose for pics with any Audies we may win.
                      Wish us luck!

• At 2012.06.12 21:58, Jennifer said:

You seriously aren’t suggesting that your Audies have been around, are you? I thought I was the only one. I’m shocked! I’m appalled! My fingerprints are at least sacred, right? ;)

So good to meet you in person. I’m hoping to have whole scrapbooks of Hachette Audie pics someday.

• At 2012.06.13 10:04, Megan said:

Of course – we’re having your fingerprint bronzed for posterity!

• At 2012.06.24 13:12, bermudaonion (Kathy) said:

This post makes me smile.

Review: Half a World Away

Jaden isn’t too thrilled by the fact that he and his family are flying to Kazakhstan to adopt a baby.  Jaden was eight when he was adopted from Romania four years ago and he hasn’t comple[…]