Winter Readalong ~ Harry Potter Series

Sheila at Book Journey is hosting a winter readalong of the Harry Potter series. As my regular readers are probably aware, I’ve never read the Harry Potter series. It was one of the goals I had set for myself at the beginning of this year. I had even toyed with setting up a challenge similarly to Shaken, Not Stirred where we would read the (audio)book and then watch the movie. This year has not gone at all like I had planned. Thankfully my good friend Tanya pointed out Sheila’s readalong to me. I think it will be a lot more fun to go through this series with Potter Heads.

To join Sheila’s readalong you have to select a house and a year. Being almost entirely unaware of Harry Potter and his world, I had no idea which one to pick. So, I joined Pottermore and took the house quiz. I couldn’t believe how fun it was to select my animal (Siamese cat) and to have my wand selected for me (it’s really neat, I think) first. After taking the quiz, the Sorting Hat placed me in Hufflepuff. I have no idea what this will mean for me, but I love the name and it should make it interesting to know as I get started. I wonder if it will inform how I feel about the characters? As for the year, if you look up First Year in the Harry Potter dictionary, you will find a picture of me there.

Hufflepuff

Thanks for organizing this readalong, Sheila! I’m excited to get started. If you’d like to join the readalong, click on the Hufflepuff graphic. This is going to be fun!

• At 2014.10.31 14:53, Julie Merilatt said:

OMG you’re going to have so much fun. So jealous, I wish I could read them all again for the first time!

Read more from Julie Merilatt

Pushing Perfect by Michelle Falkoff

Rating: **** (4/5) Published: Harper Collins, October 2016 Format: Signed ARC Genre: YA Source: Publisher (BEA) Kara attends high school in Silicon Valley and it’s full of privileged kids harboring […]

• At 2014.11.05 20:35, Jennifer said:

I’m almost finished with Sorcerer’s Stone and it’s been a lot of fun so far.

• At 2014.11.01 14:01, Dogearedcopy said:

YAY! I went ahead and listened to the first four books as narrated by Jim Dale, and watched the first four movies a la #shakennotstirred, though regrettably without a tweetchat session in progress! I’m all for a re-watch though, so if you want to, we could do a tweetchat of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone on/around November 16!

Read more from Dogearedcopy

Audiobook Review: Alien: Out of the Shadows: An Audible Original Drama

Alien: Out of the Shadows: An Audible Original Drama Based on the Novel by Tim Lebbon Adapted and Directed by Dirk Mags Performed by a Full Cast: Corey Johnson as Hooper; Matthew Lewis as Baxter; Ka[…]

• At 2014.11.05 20:36, Jennifer said:

A November 16th tweetchat is on!!!!

• At 2014.11.09 05:49, Sheila (Book Journey) said:

I am going to try to do it too!

Read more from Sheila (Book Journey)

The Grief Books… A Shelf of Tears and Love

Books. They serve many purposes.  They take us on adventures.  They teach us.  They make us laugh and cry and think and dream… In April of 2015 after Justin’s accident, friends sent me […]

• At 2014.11.05 08:53, Sheila (Book Journey) said:

I am beyond excited that you are joining in as a first time reader of all things Hogwarts! Welcome to Hufflepuff!

Read more from Sheila (Book Journey)

The Grief Books… A Shelf of Tears and Love

• At 2014.11.05 20:38, Jennifer said:

I’m having fun so far. Thanks so much for hosting this. I’m really excited about it!

• At 2014.11.05 20:35, Jackie said:

Wow ya it’s as good a time as any to start reading Harry Potter. I hope you enjoy the books as I’m sure you will.

• At 2014.11.05 20:39, Jennifer said:

I’m about to head into the Forbidden Forest with Harry and having a great time. This is great reading challenge. 🙂

• At 2014.11.05 20:41, Jackie said:

Oh Yes yes it is a great adventure! I finished reading it yesterday . The Forbidden Forest is very dangerous. What were they thinking sending kids into it as punishment?!

• At 2014.11.06 10:40, Erin said:

Hufflepuffs are the best! They’re friendly and aren’t as darn serious as those other houses. Don’t let anyone persuade you otherwise!

• At 2014.11.06 17:03, Michelle @ In Libris Veritas said:

Yay for a first year! I really hope you enjoy them and Hufflepuffs are awesome, even though I am a Slytherin myself. I’m so jealous you get to read them for the first time, but I will say they only get better with each re-read. You find yourself noticing things you didn’t catch before.

Read more from Michelle @ In Libris Veritas

Sunday Post (247)

The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. ~ Inspired by the meme In My Mailbox.~ It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things […]

• At 2014.11.07 08:57, Heather said:

Prepare to get addicted!

• At 2014.11.07 11:42, :Donna said:

Jennifer, I am SO excited for you reading this INCREDIBLE series for the first time!!! There’s nothing like it 🙂 I know you’ve already gobbled up Sorcerer’s Stone and are probably well into Chamber of Secrets. How fun this all is! Go Hufflepuffs! 😀

Read more from :Donna

UP!–My First Book of 2017

I’m not sure if I’ve ever mentioned here that I don’t really place much significance on the shifting from one year to the next other than prepping a new datebook and having to rememb[…]

• At 2014.11.12 21:14, Megan Wargula said:

I agree with Julie…I wish I could read them again for the first time, too! I can’t wait to hear how you like them!