First Read of 2016

Sheila First Book of the Year 2016

Happy New Year! While it’s hard to believe that 2015 is history, I’m excited to participate today in one of my new favorite reading traditions, Sheila from Book Journey’s First Book of the Year event. There are so many people participating this year. It’s amazing to check out Sheila’s post and take a look her collage with pictures of everyone who has signed up and the book they’ve chosen to be their first book of 2016. She makes this event a lot of fun.

What is my first book of 2016? Here you go.

Literate Housewife First Read 2016sm

And with that, I’m going to start reading and get 2016 off to a marvelous start. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

• At 2016.01.01 08:52, Bryan G. Robinson said:

Whoa. Is that an actual book and not an audiobook? 😉 Are you feeling okay?

I’ve heard of this and now will have to give it a closer look.

• At 2016.01.01 09:12, Jennifer said:

You know, I’m not sure. I better check my temperature. 🙂 I really enjoyed The Good Girl, so I thought it would be fun to start the year with Mary Kubica’s latest. I’m in a psychological thriller mood.

I’m in the middle of an audiobook. My first listen of the year won’t be until next week sometime. I’ll find some way to celebrate that, too. 🙂

• At 2016.01.01 09:04, Sheila Book Journey said:

The book looks amazing but I have to say…. I am loving the background of your picture. Not a winter fan… so idea why I live in Minnesota 🙂

Read more from Sheila Book Journey

The Grief Books… A Shelf of Tears and Love

Books. They serve many purposes.  They take us on adventures.  They teach us.  They make us laugh and cry and think and dream… In April of 2015 after Justin’s accident, friends sent me […]

• At 2016.01.01 09:13, Jennifer said:

See, I’m wishing it was a winter background. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. And on my side it is actually very green. LOL!

• At 2016.01.01 09:23, Kay said:

What a pretty bright picture! Love it. And I hope you enjoy the book. I’ve got both of Mary Kubica’s books on my Kindle to read this year.

• At 2016.01.01 10:06, Jennifer said:

Thanks! I loved the Good Girl. I hope you get to them soon. 🙂

• At 2016.01.01 11:31, Rachel said:

Great picture – I’m jealous of all the green. Happy New Year!

• At 2016.01.01 11:50, Kristin T said:

I loved this book…hope you enjoy it, too!!! Happy New Year, Jennifer!!!

• At 2016.01.01 12:41, JoAnn @ Lakeside Musing said:

An author I hope to try in 2016… great photo, too. Happy New Year!

• At 2016.01.01 13:00, BermudaOnion(Kathy) said:

You look fantastic!! I hope you love the book. Happy New Year!

Read more from BermudaOnion(Kathy)

Review: Jake the Fake Keeps it Real

Jake’s sister Lisa is a highly successful student at the Music and Art Academy –  a school for gifted kids – so it’s expected Jake will go there too.  He wins a[…]

• At 2016.01.01 16:46, Elizabeth (Silver's Reviews) said:

Cute photo!!! Looks like it is warm where you are.

ENJOY your book. I have heard good things about this book.

Happy New Year and Happy Reading in 2016!!

Elizabeth
                    Silver’s Reviews
                    My First Book Of The Year

• At 2016.01.01 23:29, Nise' said:

I liked this book. Happy reading.

• At 2016.01.02 17:14, Rhonda said:

Each of Mary Kubicas books were real page turners for me.looking forward to her new book.Good book to start the Happy New Year,I’m reading Widow by Fiona Barton terrific so far,

• At 2016.01.02 18:40, Serena said:

I was already reading a book at the end of 2015, so I couldn’t participate since I wasn’t starting a new one.

Read more from Serena

Mailbox Monday #420

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia at To Be Continued, formerly The Printed Page, has a permanent home at its own blog. To check out what everyone has received over the last week, visit the blog and ch[…]

• At 2016.01.02 22:41, Lisa said:

I’ve been wanting to get to Kubica’s books! Love seeing what everyone has chosen!

• At 2016.01.03 22:10, Michelle said:

Great choice and great picture! You can never go wrong with a good psychological thriller. Happy New Year!

Read more from Michelle

Weekly Top Posts: 2017-03-26

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 20 March 2017

• At 2016.01.04 14:04, Paula said:

Enjoy! I just finished this one last night!