This is the official page of the 2012 Armchair Audies, the place where bloggers choose a category (or two), listen to all of the nominated titles, and make their predictions.
The inspiration for this challenge was the simple volume of categories and audiobooks nominated. There are 5 audiobooks nominated in each of the 28 categories. As audiobook lovers, we’re deeply interested in the awards. As I’ve yet to run into anyone who has listened to much more than a handful of of the nominees. There simply isn’t enough time to listen to each of the nominees to adequately judge and predict each category. In banding together, bloggers can cover much more territory. Thus the Armchair Audies were born. It is my hope that this becomes an annual event.
We would love to have you join us in this most audiobookish cause.
How to Participate in the 2012 Armchair Audies
- Go to www.theaudies.com and review the nominated audiobooks in each of the categories. While we’d love to cover as many categories as possible, it is okay to pick one already selected by another participant.
- When a category catches your eye:
- Via tweet or email, let me know the category you’ve selected.
- Write a post about your category. Please feel free to review the posts below for inspiration. Please be sure to let me know so I can add a link to your post and category here.
- Grab the Armchair Audies button for your blog. You can save the image in my sidebar or send me an email if you’d prefer to use the code (I have no idea how to add code within a post so that it can be copied and pasted). I would like to profusely thank Cassandra from Indie Reader Houston who so graciously created this wonderful button. She’s a first class doll!
- Pick up copies of the audiobooks you need. It is perfectly fine if you have already listened to some of the titles. Shows how Audies savvy you are to begin with.
- Listen to all of the audiobooks in the category you selected. When you review the titles is up to you. For tips on writing audiobook reviews, check out this post from Beth Fish Reads for tips. When you do, please send me a link so that I can add a link to them here.
- After listening to each of the nominees, make your prediction. Please post your prediction during the week of May 28th, which is the week before the ceremony. I’ll compile a tally sheet of the official Armchair Audies predictions and publish it.
- The Audies are being held on Tuesday, June 5th. Have your tally sheet handy and catch the acti0n on Twitter. I won’t personally be at the ceremony, but I’ll be RTing the heck out of any of my tweeps who are in attendance. Let’s see how close our predictions are to the actual awards.
The Official Armchair Audio Category Listings
This list will expand as other bloggers join the team. Be sure to check back to see our progress.
Audibook of the Year
Tanya from dog eared copy & Jennifer from Literate Housewife
Children’s Titles for Ages up to 8
Children’s Titles Ages 8-12
Cassandra from Indie Reader Houston
Lucy from The Reading Date
Create Your Own Category
“The Bad Employee/Bad Wife”
Tanya from dog eared copy
Narration by the Author or Authors
Melanie from Overreader
Emily from Emily’s Reading Room
Armchair Audies Review Recaps